Telephone: (925) 283-1863
3650 Mt. Diablo Blvd.
Lafayette, CA 94549
Defense of Doctors
Medical Board * Peer Review * Criminal Charges
● American Health Law Association
● American Bar Association – Health Law Section
● California Society for Healthcare Attorneys
● Alameda-Contra Costa County Trial Lawyers Association
● Lecturer Pinkus Professional Education
● Lecturer Alameda-Contra Costa County Trial Lawyers Association
● Recognition – Top 100 Trial Lawyers (The National Trial Lawyers Association)
● Recognition – Top 1% (National Association of Distinguished Counsel)
● Certified Specialist – Criminal Defense (State Bar of Ca. Bd. of Legal Spec.)
● Admitted – United States Supreme Court (1999)
● Admitted – United States Court of Appeals 9th Circuit (1998)
● Admitted – Supreme Court of California
● Licensed SEC Registered Investment Advisor (RIA)
● Licensed Real Estate Broker (California)
● Court Appearances Netherlands, Israel, Cyprus
● Legal Appearances Turkey, China, Ukraine, Canada
● Professor – Armstrong College of Law (1986)
● Instructor – California State University (Hayward) (1993-1995)
● Lecturer CACJ/CPDA Monterey Conference
● Lecturer Alameda County Bar Association
● Lecturer Contra Costa County Bar Association
● Lecturer “SEAK” expert witness conference
● AVVO Rating (10) [Highest]
● Martindale Hubbell Rating (AV) [Highest]
● California “Super Lawyer” Designation (Thomson-Reuters)
● Publications CACJ/CPDA Journal
● Publication CEB Real Property Reporter
● Publications “The Verdict” (Legal Journal)
Recent Medical Board & Major Cases
● Dr. Alicia Kalamas has sued John Muir Health and exposed a culture that ignores the needs of patients. (Case Pending)
● Dr. Rebecca Parish ran (at her own expense) the emergency Stanley COVID vaccine clinic. She vaccinated over 650 people early during the pandemic. Dr. Parish was falsely accused of favoring those who did not qualify for vaccines. She was 100% cleared and a malicious medical board complaint was closed unfounded
● Dr. Judson Brandeis won $ 1.7 million dollars against Pacific Urology and Diablo Valley Oncology & Hematology.
● Name Withheld – Accusation withdrawn (2022)
● Name Withheld – Investigation concluded with no charges (2022)
● Name withheld – Resignation without any suspension with mutual non-disparagement agreement both public & private.
● Major medical fraud investigation. No action taken against physician lawyer client.
● Ailee Jong death case filed against John Muir Health (John Muir Hospital) WATCH VIDEO
Team of Physician Defense Lawyers
Physician Lawyer Daniel Horowitz assembles a custom team of physician attorneys matched personally and professionally to your needs.
Our teams include an MD/lawyer, chiropractor/law school graduate, MBA and highly experienced medical defense lawyers. Your case is unique and we avoid the cookie cutter approach to your case. We select the proper team members based upon your individual needs.
Daniel Horowitz’ National Reputation
Daniel Horowitz’ national reputation is earned as a trial lawyer and legal commentator. His office represents individual doctors and never the corporate medical interests.
International Legal Work
Horowitz defended Pavel Lazarenko the former prime minister of Ukraine. Defending Prime Minister Lazarenko, Daniel appeared in courtrooms in Cyprus, The Netherlands, Canada and Israel. Other cases have taken him to Canada and China.
Criminal Defense – Board Certified Attorney
If you are facing a criminal investigation or arrest, Daniel Horowitz is board certified as a criminal defense specialist. Simple DUI cases can damage a physician’s career. We defend physicians in all types of criminal matters.
Daniel Horowitz has over 200 serious jury trials as lead counsel. Criminal charges against physicians are infrequent but even a simple drunk driving arrest has a significant career impact. Fraudulent billing, insurance fraud and other larger claims are financially devastating and often career ending.
Our specialists will provide you with the best defense for any criminal charges.
Note: Only approximately 300 lawyers are truly California Board certified in criminal defense.
Peer Review is not a “due process” proceeding. Your procedural rights are very limited. The ability to have a fair panel is problematic at best. Click Here to learn more.
Awards & Recognition
Daniel Horowitz is a member of the National Association of Distinguished Counsel Top 1% and the National Trial Lawyers Top 100. He is AV (highest) rated by Martindale Hubbell and 10 (highest) rated by AVVO. Daniel is also recognized as a “Superlawyer” on their peer nominated website.
Daniel Horowitz is a certified criminal defense specialist per the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. Two other lawyers in the affiliated group of physician lawyers are also so certified.
Daniel Horowitz is a frequent lecturer at attorney seminars, continuing education instructor, former law school professor and author of dozens of law journal articles.