Board Certified Criminal Defense Specialist
State Bar of California, Board of Legal Specialization
BOARD CERTIFIED SPECIALIST
IS YOUR DEFENSE LAWYER A REAL SPECIALIST ?
The term “specialist” has a legal meaning in California. The phrase “Criminal Defense Specialist” can only be used by an attorney certified by the State Bar of California, Board of Legal Specialization. Like physician Board Certification, this is a meaningful designation. The attorney must undergo peer assessment, judicial assessment and pass a difficult examination. Daniel Horowitz has been a certified specialist for over 25 years. He is an instructor to attorneys seeking that certification and has taught trial law at law school and criminal law at the undergraduate level. He is regularly published on criminal defense topics in legal journals. Experience and qualification matter. There are only approx. 300 criminal defense specialists certified by the State Bar of California. Is your attorney a real specialist ?
Daniel is also recognized by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel as a member of the Top 1% Group of Attorneys.
If you are facing a criminal investigation time is of the essence. Witnesses, evidence and options vanish quickly. The Horowitz office specializes in moving expertly and rapidly to protect you. Our investigators have law enforcement backgrounds. Our team of available attorneys includes three state bar certified specialists. Our paralegals are highly experienced in complex criminal cases.
Daniel Horowitz has over 200 jury trials as lead counsel (both state and federal). He has appeared in courts throughout the United States and in Canada, Israel, The Netherlands and Cyprus. In complex paper management cases our office is highly experienced. Daniel Horowitz was on the United States District Court committee that first set up the electronic discovery protocols for the Northern District of California. Daniel regularly publishes in legal journals and lectures to criminal defense lawyers. He is a former college instructor and law school professor.
DANIEL HOROWITZ – MEMBERSHIPS & RECOGNITION
- American Health Law Association
- American Bar Association – Health Law Section
- California Society for Healthcare Attorneys
- Alameda-Contra Costa County Trial Lawyers Association
- Lecturer Pinkus Professional Education
- Lecturer Alameda-Contra Costa County Trial Lawyers Association
- Recognition – Top 100 Trial Lawyers (The National Trial Lawyers Association)
- Recognition – Top 1% (National Association of Distinguished Counsel)
- Recognition – Super Lawyers
- Certified Specialist – Criminal Defense (State Bar of Ca. Board of Legal Specialization)
- Lecturer CPDA/CACJ
- Publications numerous including CEB, The Verdict, ACCTLA
- Admitted – United States Supreme Court (1999)
- Admitted – United States Court of Appeals 9th Circuit (1998)
- Admitted – Supreme Court of California
- Court Appearance Cyprus
- Court Appearance Israel
- Court Appearance Canada
- Court Appearance The Netherlands
You can contact Daniel Horowitz by phone: (925) 283-1863 or by filling out our CONFIDENTIAL CONTACT FORM and we will call you.